Subtext 2.0.1 has been released:
(StuffIt 3 archive, includes
and THINK C 5 project file)
b353e52607ee6a48 d3ec31e45adc29d5 09a28ef8f12fd5e8
This is a major update to Subtext that represents many months of development, over 200 amendments, and many nights of testing and debugging. The largest change is the addition of FidoNet (FTN) support for distributed mail (Netmail) and message boards (Echomail) by way of a binkp hub.
Many thanks to Andy Diller for testing and debugging many release candidates.
All changes in this version:
- Add support for FTN (FidoNet) EchoMail and NetMail, with support for fetching from and sending to a Binkp hub, including PKZIP archives of packets
- Move mail to a separate database file for easier backup
- Implement sysop paging/answering, displaying the user's message on the screen with a beep
- Implement custom "NoModem" protocol for file transfers when a host is connecting through the trusted host assuming this is a web gateway
- List more items per screen in boards, files, and sysop
- List newest mail first and a global setting to prune mail after a configurable amount of days
- Add options to sysop menu to forcefully hangup/reset the modem, and to reboot the system
- Add timezone UTC offset setting, use to convert timestamps in FTN messages to local timezone, and add a "timezone" template variable
- Add setting for separate maximum idle time for sysops (which can be set to 0 to disable)
- Mask password fields in sysop settings menu
BOARD_LIST_BOARDScommand for main menu, which lists all local boards
- Faster session log pruning, fix a bug where failed logins were still being written to the session log
- Fix SHA1 checksum calculation for uploaded files and show progress during calculation
- Implement folder file description/notes editing and add an option for sysop to recalculate SHA1 checksum before saving
- Try to handle malloc failures gracefully everywhere rather than exiting
Note: version 2.0.1 was released shortly after 2.0 to fix a corrupted default menu list resource.