posted to status updates via twitter on nov 3rd, 2018 and commented on 14 times

Ivo Marino (authentic, via ) on november 3rd, 2018 at 18:45:39:

what UI are you using here? Looks good.

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on november 3rd, 2018 at 19:49:25:

ratpoison

Ivo Marino (authentic, via ) on november 3rd, 2018 at 19:50:04:

looks good and simple, thanks;)

Leon Stafford (authentic, via ) on november 3rd, 2018 at 21:25:21:

None of the latest Mac OS eye-candy s^!t will run on an old PowerBook. Apple's planned obsolescence with phones several years old not getting updates is downright irresponsible to humanity. Say "f#$k yes!" to #OpenBSD for enabling re-use of capable hardware & preventing landfill!

👽V6Shell(Jeff)🐡 (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 01:42:30:

@jcs Agreed. This is the main reason I'll never buy another piece of Apple hardware. After my 2010 13" MacBook Pro died (?in 2016?), I said, "adios Apple". I can't afford Apple hardware today, even if I wanted it, which I don't.

Sue Spence (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 01:22:29:

@mulander I managed to install openbsd fairly easily on an Inexpensive commodity HP Stream laptop a couple of years ago. More to the point I think that anyone who believes most people are using either a Mac or an MS surface may not be the best informed commenter.

Daryl Turner (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 03:13:21:

@qb1t Wireless on the MacBook? I tried a few days a go and there were no working drivers.

Daryl Turner (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 03:47:51:

@qb1t I may try and swap out the wireless chip to a fullMAC supported by bwfm. Not sure how involved that is in the MacBook guts yet. Either that or stick the whole thing on eBay.

mkhl@pleroma.site (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 06:19:20:

Such auspicious timing: That’s the exact Macbook Pro model I’m planning to install a BSD on!
Is there anything that doesn’t work well or that I should be aware of before trying?

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 09:15:40:

azalia needs a quirk to hook up the amp, so audio is kind of quiet and the SPDIF light stays on. I haven't spent much time debugging it. Otherwise most things should work fine. If dual-booting, I recommend installing rEFInd so you don't have to hold down Alt each time.

mkhl@pleroma.site (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 10:05:12:

Perfect, thank you.

ax🦃n (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 09:21:05:

My experience was installing OpenBSD 2.5 over Red Hat 6.2 on an NEC laptop in 1999. It just worked. Since then, lots of laptops from Compaq, Asus, Dell, Toshiba, Apple, Acer. Sometimes I need to swap out a Broadcom wifi card but that's it.

on error resume next (authentic, via ) on november 4th, 2018 at 17:56:54:

noone got an account to post this pic in that thread?

int16h (authentic, via ) on november 5th, 2018 at 09:02:02: