posted to status updates via twitter on jun 12th, 2018 and commented on 10 times

tujv (authentic, via ) on june 12th, 2018 at 17:36:16:

Of course it runs NetBSD! :)

Yeah kinda cool. AFAIK they have been doing so since the first gen.

Aaron A. Glenn (authentic, via ) on june 13th, 2018 at 01:33:02:

Meraki originally ran NetBSD (some of the code when it was still a research project is still in the tree)

Jon Williams (authentic, via ) on june 13th, 2018 at 16:10:56:

Hm I’m curious how much of this is common to the airport express (i.e can I enable ash). The express still has SNMP enabled but there’s not a published MIB to be found. I was able to extract DHCP lease info from snmp…

Jon Williams (authentic, via ) on june 13th, 2018 at 16:11:33:

(Ssh not β€œash”)

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on june 13th, 2018 at 16:35:47:

I just tried it on my Airport Express, it worked too - https://jcs.org/2018/06/12/airport_ssh

Bryan Steele (authentic, via ) on june 14th, 2018 at 05:39:30:

I thought this was pretty common knowledge, but the ability to enable ssh is news to me.

Joel Cunningham (authentic, via ) on june 16th, 2018 at 11:34:19:

What generation of AirPort Extreme is this? I had previous heard some ran VxWorks?

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on june 16th, 2018 at 11:36:12:

6th gen for me, there are more hardware details on the various generations at http://www.theairportwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

MarcS πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί (authentic, via ) on november 7th, 2018 at 12:04:27:

It seems to me that @Apple, said a long, long time ago.

Mainly freebsd and a proprietary apple layer.

objects connected with @netbsd code. At the network level.

So, nothing unusual.