posted to status updates via twitter on may 25th, 2018 and commented on 12 times

Tim Chase (authentic, via ) on may 25th, 2018 at 16:13:09:

what pray-tell is "coil whine"? I know fans and spinning-rust drives whine, but "coils"? That'd drive me bonkers.

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on may 25th, 2018 at 16:31:55:

High pitched squealing/clicking that changes tone with CPU/GPU workload, battery charging, etc. If you work in a quiet environment it's super annoying. Not sure if comes through well in this video. pic.twitter.com/Vd8bqtmeDr

Bryan Steele (authentic, via ) on may 25th, 2018 at 17:36:57:

I'm super sensitive to this as well.. very annoying. My ThinkPad E560 is also pretty bad. 🙁

Chris Cappuccio (authentic, via ) on may 26th, 2018 at 09:47:37:

I'm half deaf like the designers so I wouldn't ever know, just send it to me

Predicate (authentic, via ) on july 8th, 2018 at 15:54:35:

Is it an i7?

Lex Gabrees (authentic, via ) on june 1st, 2018 at 00:29:54:

That's some annoying coil whine ... I thought it was only a Dell feature. ..

LP Asselin (authentic, via ) on june 2nd, 2018 at 00:56:57:

Did you get it to work on an other kernel?

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on june 3rd, 2018 at 14:49:42:

No, I returned it.

Chris Wriessnegger (authentic, via ) on october 4th, 2018 at 12:04:13:

Same problem here - such an awesome notebook but still no solution for the coil whining. Amazon will replace mine with another, but I am worried the new one will have the similar problem. Did you find a solution?

joshua stein (authentic, via ) on october 4th, 2018 at 12:18:34:

No, I just returned it and went back to my old Matebook X

Chris Wriessnegger (authentic, via ) on october 4th, 2018 at 13:15:45:

alright :) thanks for your answer

Alex McLean (authentic, via ) on november 2nd, 2018 at 04:40:02:

Hi, did the replacement laptop fix the coil whine?