Participated in the 2015 LAPS INC. / Lotus Corps Track Day at Autobahn Country Club Full Track.
My fastest lap time was a 2:48.03, which is more than 6.5 seconds faster than my previous best in July of last year. I think a most of it was due to the increased negative camber I was able to put in with the new steering arms and alignment, allowing the car to turn in with much less understeer.
Replaced old lead acid battery (37 ½ pounds) with a Voltphreaks VPH750 lithium ion battery and NCI bracket (5 ¼ pounds), saving 32 ¼ pounds!
The VPH750 battery has an automatic low voltage cutoff which can turn the battery off when it gets low, so it won't die completely and can just be turned back on to start the car. It also has a power button so I can just turn it off during the winter instead of having to trickle charge it.
Re-installed Reverie XC carbon fiber seat after getting a seat pad for it to raise me up back to the level of the original seat. Now my elbows don't hit the (much higher) sides of the seat when turning and my field of vision is better. I still need to find a different seat belt buckle that has webbing behind it so I can bolt it into the seat in place of the original buckle and pass it through the lap belt hole in the seat.
Also had the car waxed.
After driving with the Reverie XC seat a few times, I decided it would not work out for me. My torso is too short for the shoulder bolsters and the lower sitting position affects my field of vision too much. I could have probably raised the seat up a bit, or added some padding to the base of the seat, but the fact that I couldn't use the factory 3-point seatbelt was more of a hassle than I anticipated. Having to attach and remove the 6-point harness every time I got in and out of the car was a pain, and not being able to lean forward while driving to reach things or look in my blind spots makes it hard to use on the street.
I removed the Reverie seat and had an upholstery shop cut a hole in the stock seat padding and sew in a leather patch. I reinstalled the stock seat and now I can use the anti-sub belt with the harness on the track, but still use the 3-point on the street.
Did tech inspection for upcoming track weekend. Installed new passenger side rear caliper dust boots and slide pin after tearing them at the last brake pad change. Adjusted trunk latch spring to properly pop open and stay open. Nearly locked myself out of the trunk twice while trying to adjust it, which is a very distressing feeling.
Installed RLS carbon fiber 3-chamber intercooler shroud, replacing the stock plastic single-chamber shroud. This increases the airflow to the intercooler at high speeds (supposedly by 4x) by sourcing additional air from ducts connected to new side scoops installed behind the factory body panel scoops, in addition to the roof scoop.
Participated in the 2014 Audi Car Club Chicagoland Chapter Advanced Driver Day on the full 3.56 mile track at Autobahn Country Club.
My fastest lap time was a 2:54.68, which is not fast. I had some brake fade issues after the very long straights (which is not fun), probably due to exceeding the temperature range of the Carbotech AX6 pads. I will probably upgrade to Carbotech XP8 pads before the next track day.
Installed front Carbotech AX6 pads and Safecraft fire extinguisher with Sector111 bracket.
Participated in the 2014 Lotus Corps Track Day at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in South Beloit, Illinois. The brakes worked well, though the Toyo R1R tires installed started to get pretty slick by the 3rd session. I will probably be upgrading to Toyo R888 tires soon, but other than that, no other changes to the car are needed.
After finding a hairline crack in the driver's side rear rotor while doing the oil change (which turned out to be two cracks), I replaced both rear drilled rotors with new DBA 4000 slotted rotors.
I also installed Carbotech AX6 pads on the rear (CT491L-AX6) for more bite on the track, which I ran on my old Exige. I decided to wait on installing the front AX6 pads (CTCP7635-AX6) until I'm at the track since they require a bed-in process that I can't do on the streets of Chicago.
Performed oil and filter change with 4.75 quarts of Mobil 1 0w-40 and an OEM toyota filter (90915-YZZF2), swapping out the stock oil pan plug for a magnetic one. I also did a full brake and clutch cylinder fluid flush with Motul 600 and noticed a hairline crack in the drivers' side rear rotor which will need to be replaced.
I collected some used oil to send to Blackstone Labs for analysis.
I also removed the airbox snorkel just because.